Eligibility: 10+2 with science B group (min 35% in PCBE) & GUJCET entrance test taken during the year of admission. Candidates must have been applied in “Admission Committee for Professional Medical Educational Courses, B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad”. The Minimum age for admission shall be 17 years till 31st December 2015. Medical fitness certificate to be furnish to the Principal of Institution. Duration: 4 years
Objectives: To detect & evaluate anatomical, patho-physiological and psychosomatic impairments resulting in physical dysfunction in various age groups, occupations & arrive at appropriate diagnosis. To understand the rationale and basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens & accordingly plan & implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively.
BPT - 1st Year
BPT - 2nd Year
BPT - 3rd Year
BPT - 4th Year
Pathology & Microbiology
General Medicine(Including Pediatrics)
Neurology & Neuro Surgery
Biochemistry & Pharmacology
General Surgery (Including O & G and Cardiothoracic Surgery)
Exercise Therapy-I & Biomechanics
Orthopedics and Traumatology
Cardio Pulmonary Physiotherapy
Psychology & Sociology
Musculo Skeletal Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy in Rehabilitation
General Medicine & Surgical Physiotherapy
Physical and Functional Diagnosis
Administration & Management in Physiotherapy
Orientation to Physiotherapy
ENT & Dermatology
Evidence based Physiotherapy & Ethics
First Aid & CPR
Clinical Observation Posting
Supervised Clinical Practice
Physiotherapy Department Faculties
The academic staff comprises experienced faculty from diverse fields. The high calibre of the staff comes across through the composition of the faculty consisting of professionally qualified individuals.
Qualification: Mpt (Neurological Sciences)
Experience: 1 Year And 8 Months
Subjects: Ex Therapy-1 And Basic Biomechanics, Ex Therapy-2 And Pt In Neuromusculo Conditions
Area Of Interest: Neuro Plasticity In Neurological Conditions And Anc-Pnc
Qualification: Mpt (Cardio Respiratory Sciences)
Experience:3 Years 4 Months
Subjects: Electrotherapy And Pt In Cardio Pulmonary Conditions
Area Of Interest: Biomechanics Of Thorax
Our institute organised visits of different primary heath centres and community heath centres of Navsari district like at Khadsupa, Vesma, Chovishi/ Kejal hospital, Chikhli, Gadat, etc. for F.Y.BPT students foe educational visit purpose.
A free physiotherapy assessment and management camps were successfully organized in year of 2014-2015.
A free physiotherapy diagnostic camp of bone mineral density and diabetic neuropathy was conducted on 12th December 2015. Around 120 patients were evaluated during the camp.
Our institute organized 4 days health and fitness awareness programs from 21st February to 24th February 2016.
On 21st February 2016, an public awareness seminar on Osteoarthritis of Knee and Total knee replacement surgery was organised by the
institute by resource person Dr. Paritosh Bhatt, a well-known orthopaedic surgeon of Navsari.
On 22nd February 2016, an aerobic session was conducted by the aerobic trainer for fitness awareness.
On 23rd February 2016, a free physiotherapy evaluation camp was organised. More than 40 patients were evaluated and treated during the day.
On 24th February 2016, a yoga session conducted by Yoga trainer for awareness of physical and mental health and on the same day Blood Donation camp was organised with the help of Indian Red Cross Society and 127 units of blood was collected during the event.
Different competitions were organized for overall development of students.
Best out of west
General knowledge/ physiotherapy quiz
Cooking without fire
Sports events such as table tennis, chess, running, long jump, cricket, shot-put, badminton, volley ball
GOALS AND OBJECTIVE OF THE COLLEGE:
1. To offer Physiotherapy education and reach out to unreached
2. To acquire adequate knowledge of basic medical subjects in practice of Physiotherapy
3. To develop in teachers, skill in teaching, management, research guidance and counselling
4. To inculate moral and ethical values in students
5. To prepare physiotherapist to meet the health care needs of the society
6. To develop creative thinking and scientific interest among students
7. To prepare our graduates to exercise leadership for making contributions in their respective disciplines
8. To establish and maintain this Institution as a center of excellences in Physiotherapy education
9. To provide administrative, academic and support services that create an environment conductive to teaching, learning and student success.
10. To set high standards of comprehensive professional education by developing the intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards professional excellence
11. To engage students in clinical research and evidence based management
12. To enhance faculty for development and sustenance of Physiotherapy as an established method of health care